About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Favourite Things

I was going through my photographs and came across these of a large doll I made back in .......I remember the scene also had a sleeping Sean in it, made into a fairy sleeping on a log of drift wood, can't find the photograph.

This doll was made for the "Fantasy Section" in our annual doll competition. I no longer owned or should I say I owned the doll for a very short time as I had promised it to my cousin.

She came second in the section.

A little boy a nd girl in the woods won  a very well deserved 1st prize.
Now I would have liked to have owned those two little ones, the whole scene made my imagination run riot.





These were the very first silk ribbon roses I made ...and there were so many!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, is this the doll called Shay? She is lovely!!
    Those roses are exquisite!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete