About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

1:12th Scale Miniatures

Searching through my photograph Albums which are in rather a muddle, 
I come across a hidden treasure here and there I thought lost in a digital world
I am busy uploading the pictures to Picasa Web Albums which is a job and a half.

 I know you have seen this hat and bag before on Miss Sally,
I rather like the photograph showing it on the stand so thought I would share.
What a difference the background of a photograph can do to a picture.

The Good news is this ....
A week ago I had my first cataract removed and yesterday the second eye was done.....
My what a miracle the first eye was! It was as though someone had put a spotlight on the world!

Today they removed the dressing on the second eye....
I know it makes all the difference when it comes to playing with hats and bags.
 
 I need to make a special hat for the upcoming Royal Wedding after all. I know some of the ladies in my Doll Cupboard are already talking about it. The one lady is very conceited and she
"Just has to have a new hat" she says.



As I have said before this is my very first hat made out of Fimo and it is my most favorite



 Do you know this hat took all day and way into the night to make...but it was fun!



 I don't own this little hat and bag anymore I gave it to a friend.

Would you like to see a tutorial on my kind of hat making and decorating?

Answer me in the comment section and lets see what happens!
Do any of you know where can one buy brass Hat Stands?

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see a tutorial on hats, especially straw ones. :-)

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hats and bags! I know this is late, but I'd love to see a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon I am teaching at our South African Convention this year March 2012 Once I have done that I will begin my Blog Tutorials.
    So happy you like the hats and bags!

    ReplyDelete