About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Patterns 7 1/2" Riley

After having made a shawl for one of the little dolls a whole new series of patterns emerged.
I kept thinking I was all "Feather and Fanned" out ....when yet another design would appear on my neeldes.
As I draped and fiddled with the fabric produced by this wonderful design pictures appeared in my head.


Reine for Riley

This photograph shows a pram made by the Robertsons it is a 1:12th scale pram and works beautifully for Riley.

Her outfit is completely knitted by hand using Venne 70/2 mercerized cotton.

I need to make her shoes that actually fit, I find these bought shoes to be rather clumsey.


One has to be a serious Riley collecter to want to knit these little outfits. So many knitters are more than happy with the thicker yarns, but once you have made an outfit you begin to see the delicateness of the patterns.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! Is this the pram you bought at the fair in Arnhem. He is so very beautiful.

    Hugs Annelies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que ropitas más preciosas que haces,te invito a visitarme.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I've missed you,are you still selling patterns i love the Riley ones and Belly button babies.Please how can buy them?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete