About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Miniature Knitting Tips

Thread Holder

To help keep my working thread clean and to stop knots forming in the thread I do the following
I insert one of my thicker knitting needles into a pin cusion and put my reel of thread over it.

Works in the same principle as attaching your reel of thread to a sewing machine, winds off easily as you go.

I found a little silver bowl and made a pincushion to fit, I filled the pincushion with birdseed and then decorated it with the famous silk ribbon roses. Just shows you how long I have had the pincushion. 



Seeing the photograph, I think it is time I made a new one. 
I wonder how many sewing needles are buried in it.


I also found an old silver pepper pot in which now houses my talcum powder.
Looks so much prettier on my desk than a large container, after all one only needs a little powder at a time. All miniature knitters need a little baby talc for those sweaty hands!




1 comment:

  1. Now I want to know what you do with the talcum powder, is it to help prevent sweaty hands?????

    ReplyDelete