About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Miniature Knitting Patterns 3 1/2" Pearl

Pearl is one of my most favourite little girl doll house dolls

The dolls were made by my friend Dianne Yunnie



I thought I would show you the little girls sitting and on my desk as I design for her....
As you can see I often knit the outfit a few times to get the detail as perfect as possible, for me a row here an extra stitch there makes all the difference.
Many people don't enjoy the "frilly look" but sometimes these designs just happen.



The next photograph shows how I sew sleeves onto my garments, there are many items in a home that can be used to insert into a sleeve.


Inserting the sleeve into the dress



No comments:

Post a Comment