About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Whats Up in The Studio



 Ana came over on Saturday and we Baked Cakes.
 Now I understand what all the fuss is about ...instant gratification.

I felt like a kid again, deciding what colours to use 
and how to shade this or that 
Lets try these sprinkles...Oh Lordy Lordy Miss Claudy, what fun we did have!!!



We used a mold by True2Scale
and Hey Presto instant cakes....excuse the pun.


By the end of the afternoon we were a lot wiser than when we started out.





For me to be in my comfort zone I knit!

For the Nursery i had to start somewhere.
So I made a dress in the thread I had found in my stash.

I could then begin the knitting the frills for the cot in the Nursery.


I started off making the frill for the sheet. 
Turns out it is one pattern repeat too long for "My Eye"




I then made the frill for a pillow ....... have not finished the embroidery yet!




I now have to work out how to knit the frill.

Exactly how long should it be.
How many sections should the frill be knitted in.
Can't have too many stitches on the needles 
my customers will think I am crazy.

Where do I decreased on the arch shape of the canopy 
so the lace does not stick out funny.

So I draped the knitted frills using press stick to keep them in place
I have come to the conclusion it won't be as easy as I thought, the mathematical brain will have to work overtime.

When draping the pillow frill I saw that the corner sections of the pillow which had extra gathers sat far better over the arch. 
So there will have to be extra decreasing in this area, well we will see.


Pillow Frill over arch far too many gathers in total but I now have a starting point.

This frill is too long






I feel like Goldilocks, when will it be just right!


Enjoy
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Your cakes are delicious. The bed looks wonderful.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que fantasticos pasteles.
    La cama se ve preciosa, es una autentica maravilla.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete