About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Miniature Knitting in the Studio

I am not very good at doing orders

I am so easily distracted then wiz off on a tangent 
ESPECIALLY if I have an idea that seems a good one.

I am not very disciplined at all when the creative me pops up her head
"They" say if it is not written down it has not happened ....

I say if I have not knitted it, the idea remains only an idea.

MARY

MARY

I believe this idea was a good one, 
I still need to do a petticoat the will be right for the dress.

I embroidered the dress with YLI silk which I was given as a gift on Saturday, well not quiet a gift I will be making a bedspread for my friend 

I already know exactly how I am going to do it....

BUT BACK TO ORDERS FIRST!!!

ENJOY!

PS I used a no 12 sharps needle to do the embroidery, made by PONY in India very inexpensive and work like a dream to sew the garments together as well.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Sharon, this is just gorgeous. I love the embroidery you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Sharon....I have surfed the web.....that is a miracle in itself, I cannot even ride a bike......really!.......and I have found YLI threads, and whatsmore here in the U.K. now I can definatley put this pattern on the old wish list...did I mention how awesome your tangents are.
    hugs Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Es precioso, Chrystal, enhorabuena!

    ¡Un abrazo enorme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Sharon, would love to have a go at knitting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful comments both here on my blog and privately. I did have fun with this design.....

    ReplyDelete