About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Peter Rabbit Quilt




I will have to check the crochet stitches that I used,
as I have used American terms in the past.

I did a little embroidery on the front and decided less was more...

The Peter Rabbit Quilt is taking a lot longer than I thought.
I am stitching around each square while listening to the book 
"The Name of the Wind" love tales of magic  

Each square is stuffed with a little cotton batting.
You need to leave the outer edge squares until last, as you will have to turn the lining in at the edges before they are stitched.

Can't say my stitching is very neat at the back, maybe have to do it differently as in knitting a back for the quilt.

Part Three


 Do you think it looks carroty enough.......I do!!!!

Just wondering now if it will drape over the cot or bed.

PLEASE click on the picture to see the quilt more clearly.

Enjoy
Sharon Chrystal


2 comments:

  1. The embroidery is such a nice addition. I can't imagine the patience this must have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is gorgeous. I am knitting some of the squares at the moment no idea what it will turn out like lol. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete