About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Miniature Knitting Patterns for Pearl

This time round I have adapted the Erika Pattern for Pearl.

The design is named MANDY and she has her first pair of shoes made in polymer clay.


MANDY'S dress is slightly too long, but the pattern has been adjusted.

Imagine if I had a separte doll for each outfit I designed...not posible for me.

Much prefer to have the outfits in a box with one doll, and all her outfits on display.
Only hassle is how do I change her shoes!

SO I have asked for 10 pairs of legs for Pearl and I am going to make her different pairs of shoes to match the different outfits...

ALL MADE IN POLYMER CLAY.

Many a time I have looked at dressed dolls and always felt the shoes have spoiled the finish of some really beautiful outfits. I have made shoes for my bears before but this is a lot easier as the foot is already there.
In the greenware stage the moulded shoe will have to be sanded off, but it does work.

Fortunately Pearl has legs attached into a body armor of pipe cleaners, so easy to remove the legs when photographing a different outfit.......

Well that is what I am going to do and have fun doing it!


ENJOY and thanks for following my work.
I love all the comments and the fact that people take the time to write.
It's GREAT THANK YOU

1 comment: