About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Days of Our Lives

Doing the unpacking I have unearthed all sorts of things.
A little book A Woman's Work is Never Done which has a selection of quotations put together by Helen Exley...she has been doing these books since 1976 

The year I married for the second time....
so it seemed a good idea at the time!
 Apparently
 
I have a new company car, or so my son Shane tells me. 





 It does not have a chauffeur as it is insured for one driver only....

ME

Another perk is a Lear Jet.....bought for me by my son. Now this is a wonderful toy.  It sits perfectly, hits all the right spots of an old ladies cranky bits and pieces.....








The stockist in in South Africa are Cecil Nurse,
the operative word being "Nurse." 
How I lived in my other chair for so long considering the amount of time I had to sit in it 

God alone knows, I promises you

 The arm rests swivel inwards, so for knitting what a pleasure the height of the arm rests are also adjustable...
Even an Orangutan would be comfortable knitting

I wonder if the designer of this marvelous affair ever thought this chair would be used by a knitting granny ...I think not.

For the moment I have decided not to have staff.....

 I want to settle in then make decisions on 
people who share our lives



I still need to do this, the tiles are clean
but the grouting leaves a lot to be desired.

Needles to say I am looking for a machine to hire for doing the job.



So for these moments in time, I am just getting on with it!!!!

 BUT TODAY IS SUNDAY

I remember discussing housework with my Mom one evening just after getting my Dream Kitchen installed.
One with all drawers so no standing on your head to get to something.




This is what caught my eye in the book shop at the time...

THERE IS NO PLEASURE IN HAVING NOTHING TO DO 
THE PLEASURE IS IN HAVING LOTS TO DO AND NOT DOING IT
Mary Wilson Little
AAAHH I thought 
Imagine having an illustrator draw this on the wall 
behind my stove.

Now Mom was a very reserved woman,but it sure had her 
laughing out loud.
Never ever did get the sketch done but it was fun thinking about it.


Rein always said the best restaurant in Durban was our kitchen ......ya ya     NO NIGHTS OFF.....

All the illustrations above come from Helen Exley's book, the illustrations are buy Rowan Barnes-Murphy
A wonderful buy I kid you not, worth every penny
I have laughed and smiled all over again.
Unpacking is time consuming but also a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a load of fun - glad you settled are ready for the next challenge in your life - cant wait to see what creations you come up with next
    Hugs
    Lianda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Love seeing all the photos of your new place ... I'm sitting over here with a busted knee trying to figure out when would be the opportune time to ask you when I can order one of your wee wonders (if you have anything left) ... I'm willing to pay an arm and a leg ... just so the leg part corresponds with the blankety-blank knee side. Hope you're settling in nicely, and the princess is adjusting to it all. The countryside looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete