About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Followers and Favourite Blogs

For months now I have subscribed via Email to the Blog


It's About Time
Searching centuries of Art, Nature, & Everyday Life for Unique Perspectives, Uncommon Grace, & Unexpected Insights.


This is how Barbara describes It's about time
The largest blog "It's About Time" scours history, art, nature, & everyday life for unique perspectives, uncommon grace, & unexpected insights. If you are visiting just for fun - relax & enjoy, there is a little museum in each blog - no travel necessary.

She is so right I do get to visit a museum each evening wondering what today has to offer.
I particularly enjoy the way Barbara has chosen to sort the paintings into themes, such as paintings of

Woman wearing gloves, Lace Ruffles, or Family scenes 



In the last few days it has been all about Lace Ruffles and in amongst the Adults is this portrait of Lady Waugh by Larkin

 I just enjoyed the the use of lace on her ever so grand Bonnet and the simplicity of the gown.
Then one also looks at the carpet thinking
 "Wish she would move her feet so one could take a better look."
It's all in the detail.......

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by to say hello Chrystal. Your dolls are beautiful. I'll have to visit Barbara's site; it sounds intriguing.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete