About Me

My photo
IMAGINATION IS THE EYE OF THE SOUL Joseph Joubert. I am a mother of four...I still remember the smile that refused to go away for weeks after our daughters birth. To have a little girl appear after three sons seemed such a miracle. I have always enjoyed My Doll World, sharing it with Lara when she was little. Today I design knitted outfits for miniature dolls and enjoy every minute of it. The fact that the outfits are removable is what makes it so special for me. Using ever finer threads has opened so many MINIATURE DESIGN opportunities.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Miniature Polymer Clay and Paper Flowers

It is ages since I made Polymer Clay flowers so I had to practice.

A friend and I spent 4 hours each, making flowers...funny how one starts off rather large then slowly managing to get smaller and smaller.


Miniature flowers made in Polymer Clay

When one looks at what was actually achieved for a days work it certainly does not look like very much.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers!
    Greetings Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, i really love them! They always look so incredible on your little clothing and bonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so delicate! I really love how they turned out! Beautiful!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!!!! These are exquisite....I would say 4 hours VERY well spent. I enlarged the photo and the detail is perfect....wow!!!!!

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sharon! What beautiful and detailed tiny works of art these are! I as surprised that they ONLY
    took 4 hours. Patty,( above )says that you use them on your wonderful clothing, how is it that you attach them? Do you sew them on or use a fabric adhesive? Either way, I couldn't do it but I love the end results!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Elizabeth,

      I stitch the flowers onto the garments using very fine thread which is then thread through the leaves. You can glue them onto the garments but ever such a small about of glue is used.

      Sharon

      Delete